The Brussels Medal was awarded in 1816 to all volunteers who guarded the town during in 1815. The Medal was non-wearable as awarded. From 1818 these medals were made wearable bij puncturing and putting a ring through. The ribbon used was yellow with slim green stripes at the end.
On the obverse St Michael and the dragon (Arms of Brussels) and in Latin: "Magist. Brux. Civib. suis ob assert. urb. secur" (The Brussels Magistrate to its citizens for securing the city's safety). On the reverse: "Belgici Regni Habenas capessente Wilhelmo Nassavoeo MDCCCV" (William of Nassau having taken the reigns of the Belgic Nation). Diameter 34,5mm. Material Bronze.